Sunday, January 11, 2009

There's snow way I'm going out there!!

I said BURR- it's cold out there! We have about six inches of freshly fallen snow from last night and tomorrow we are beach grass planting on the sand dunes all day- lets just say I will be using my hand/feet warmers! We are supposed to do the Polar Plunge after service tomorrow but I am hearing from the Wellfleet house that people are backing down because they are afraid- BABIES I TELL YA!!!

My Christmas/New Year break was very good. I was presently surprised with presents and I honestly didn't really need them to be happy this year- I got the Holiday cheer bug real bad. I was getting all giddy at the sight of christmas lights and trees and at the sounds of christmas songs on the radio (it did get A LITTLE old because they started it right after Halloween on Cape Cod- EVERY STATION!) And for whatever reason everyone was being just a little bit nicer, using the reason "Hey..its Christmas!" I wish certain people didn't use that as an excuse to be nice but its better than nothing.

So here I am- back on the Cape- and with a new member! Before the Holidays a member from our house left - Nichole Long (we called her Frannie). She is a great girl, but said that the program was just not her cup of tea (she likes hot tea-- so cold service doesn't really work :-P). So anyway she left and we got a new girl- her name is Melany and she is from Maine. She moved in on Friday and she's great- We have the same sense of humor which is hard to find.

Service is going well- just chug-a-chuging away. We will be doing a big MLK Day projects since we don't have Martin Luther King Jr day off and it will include building bookshelves and benches, painting walls and sewing curtains for a housing shelter in Cataumet. ALSO- we got a grant to build a GREENHOUSE AT THE BOURNE HOUSE!! Meredith, Nicole, Korinda and I are heading this project which is so exciting. So we are in the research stage as of right now to try and figure out where it should go- foundation practices, pricing, etc. Will update as that project comes along.

MKKK...that's enough for now- Happy 2009 to you all

No comments: